MAGANDANG araw po sa Aksyon Line. Isa po ako sa masugid na tagasubaybay ng inyong pahayagan. Ang tita ko po ay nagtatrabaho sa Qatar. Tumawag po kasi siya sa akin at pinapatanong niya kung on going pa rin po ang scholarship program ng OWWA. Katatapos lang po ng senior high ng kanyang panganay na anak. May apat po siyang anak. Bagaman nagtatrabaho siya sa ibang bansa ay hindi naman kalakihan ang sweldo kaya kung mabibigyan po ng pagkakataon ang kanyang anak na maging scholar po ng OWWA ay malaking tulong sa kanila lalo’t panganay po yung ka graduate lamang ng senior high school. Ask din po sana namin kung ano ang dapat gawin. Maraming Salamat po.
Lower Bicutan, Taguig City
REPLY: Sa kasalukuyan ay nagpapatuloy ang scholarship program ng Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA) para sa mga Overseas Filipino Workers (OFWs) lalo na sa mga kasambahay na may mga anak na gustong magkolehiyo.
Dito sa Pilipinas ay maaaring bumisita sa regional offices ng OWWA at yung mga nasa ibang bansa ay maaaring magpunta sa Philippine labor Offices para sa detalye.
Maaari din na bumisita sa Owwa.gov.ph
Narito ang iba pang detalye:
Education for Development Scholarship Program (EDSP)
The Education for Scholarship Program (EDSP) grants a 4 to 5 year baccalaureate course offered by a CHED-accredited college or university. The scholarship is given to qualified beneficiaries/dependents of OWWA member-OFWs.
The OWWA gives P30,000 per semester and pay the tuition fee directly to the school. They release the remaining amount after the scholar submits the grades for the semester.
How to qualify for the Scholarship:
Must be a child of a married OWWA member or brother/sister of an unmarried OWWA member
Must be 21 years old or below
Must be a Filipino citizen
Be in good health and with good moral character
Must have an average grade of at least 80% and belong to the upper 20% of the graduating class
What Are the Requirements:
1. Accomplished application forms (2 sets)
2. 1″x 1″ ID pictures (2 copies)
3. Proof of relationship to Member (copy of Birth Certificate of applicant and of the Member if related as brother or sister duly certified by the Local Civil Registrar or NSO)
4. Form 137 or Transcript of Records with Principal’s Certification on Scholastic Standing
5. Proof of OWWA membership (i.e. Official Receipt of OWWA Contribution/Certification from OWWA Membership Processing Center)
6. Health Certificate attesting to physical fitness of applicant
7. Certificate of Good Moral Character issued by the School Principal/Guidance Counselor (Form C)
8. Certification that applicant belongs to upper 20% of graduating class issued by school principal (2 sets)
9. Statement of applicant that he/she has not earned units in any post-secondary/undergraduate course (Form E)
10. Sworn Statement that he/she has no pending application for resident immigrant status in any country and does not have dual citizenship signed by parent or legal guardians (Form F)
To avail of the OWWA scholarship, please bring the requirements mentioned above at the nearest OWWA office. For more information visit the OWWA website at http://www.owwa.gov.ph/
Administrator Hans Leo Cacdac
May nais ba kayong isangguni sa Aksyon Line? Maaari kayong sumulat sa aming tanggapan Aksyon Line c/o Inquirer Bandera, MRP bldg., Mola st. cor. Pasong Tirad st., Makati City o kaya ay mag-email sa firstname.lastname@example.org or jenniferbilog1977@ gmail.com.
Hangad ng Aksyon Line na buong puso namin kayong mapaglingkuran sa abot ng aming makakaya.
Disclaimer: The comments uploaded on this site do not necessarily represent or reflect the views of management and owner of Bandera. We reserve the right to exclude comments that we deem to be inconsistent with our editorial standards.